Must be 18 years of age or older. Must be able to read, write and speak English, and comprehend instructions and follow orders. Must have neat appearance (see dress code) and personality to work with people.
Prompt and regular attendance is essential. Job assignments are expected to be completed in a timely manner.
Must be able to push/pull laundry carts and carry up to 80 pounds of wet laundry. Must be able to walk and stand for long periods of time while tending washers in an 8 hour shift. Must have a long reach to load/unload machines. Ability to tolerate noise, smell of soiled linen and slippery floors.
Motor coordination and manual dexterity are required to load/unload machines rapidly to maintain flow of work to finishing section. A preference for routine activities dealing with mashing machine operation and tending water gauges and switches.
Ability to follow specific instructions for mixing and using washing agents-wear gloves and protective aprons.
- Load pre-weighed laundry into washing machine as specified in the operators manual. Set the automatic program cycle according to the manual, turns on washer which operates automatically.
- Observe machine movement indicators to insure turning of the wash wheels in alternate directions to avoid tangling of laundry. At completion of cycle, open door and unload clothes.
- Report all breakdowns or malfunctions to Laundry Supervisor.
- Keep machines and work area clean and free of debris.
- Change filters at the top of the new dryers, dust behind dryers and clean the mechanical room, wash room and dryer room, as needed.
- Keep specific records for the Laundry Supervisor.
Perform other job related duties, as directed, by the Laundry Supervisor.
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Life Insurance
- Retirement match